Center for Growth /Stress Therapy in Philadelphia
Stress is a condition that occurs in response to actual or anticipated difficulties in life.
The psychological signs and symptoms of stress:
- The tendency to worry too much
- Having a short fuse that leads to anger
- Experiencing mood swings and sudden bouts of sadness
- An ailing sense of humor
The physical signs and symptoms of stress:
- Frequent occurrences of heartburn, indigestion and an upset stomach
- Difficulty sleeping
- A throat as dry as the Sahara Desert
- The urge to overeat
- A loss of appetite
- Increased muscle tension
- Inability to concentrate
- Mental depression
Health Effects of Stress - If left untreated, stress can cause severe problems with your health:
- Heart Disease – Stress can play a role in circulatory diseases such as coronary heart disease, sudden cardiac death and strokes. Stress is now considered a major factor in heart disease, right up there with smoking, being overweight, and lack of exercise and activity.
- Gastrointestinal Problems – Stress always seems to find its way into your stomach, and affects the secretion of acid. This results in constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating and other problems.
- Immune System – There has been growing evidence that stress can affect a person’s immune system. It can render it useless in resisting bacteria and viruses, and research has shown that stress may play a role in a variety of immune system disorders, including HIV, AIDS, herpes, viral infection, rheumatoid arthritis, and certain allergies.
- Common Cold – Experience severe stress for more than a month can increase a person’s risk of coming down with a cold. Stress has a way of lowering your resistance to colds.
- Mental Health Problems – Stress can cause a person to become depressed, withdrawn, and sometimes experience crying spells. When someone feels as if the stress in their life is overwhelming them and consuming them on a daily basis, it can lead to a variety of mental health conditions.
Stress Management Techniques & Stress Therapy Can Help
If you believe that you may have signs and symptoms of stress, help is available.
For your convenience we have 5 physical offices and provide virtual therapy services in Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Mexico and Virginia.Call us at 215-922-5683 Ext. 100 or self schedule an inperson or virtual therapy session.
Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Virginia New Mexico and Pennsylvania
OUR GUARANTEE: you deserve the best therapist possible. Our special sauce for helping you achieve your goal, begins with matching you with the right therapist. Check out our guarantee.
Therapy Services Offered:
Individual Counseling and therapy
Couples Counseling and marriage counseling
Teen Therapy and Adolescent Therapy and tweens and child counseling
Family Therapy and multi-generational counseling
Art Therapy and Counseling no art skills needed
ADHD Therapyand ADD, Dyslexia, Autism, Tourettes counseling
Anxiety, Panic, OCD Therapy and worry and fear support
Breaking the cycle of Codependency and being your own person
Overcoming Chronic Illness and Chronic Pain
Depression Therapy and sadness, gloom, and upset support
Grief Therapy and loss, End of A Relationship, rejections, pregnancy loss and therapy
Mindfulness Based Therapy and spirituality based therapy
Sex Therapy and sexual function & dysfunction, sex addiction, sexual orientation and gender identity support
Trauma Therapy both emotional and sexual abuse, complex trauma, PTSD counseling
Affairs, Infidelity, Unfaithful, Cheating counseling
Personality disorder treatments