Work On Letting Go Of Your Perfectionism: working hard on letting go of your perfectionism does not mean letting go of your hard work to accomplish things, rather it means setting realistic expectations that are not too high, or too low. It also means acknowledging that everyone makes mistakes.
Review your short - term and long-term goals. Are the goals realistic? If not, try to modify your goals. To help you in this process:
* Write a list of all the things you have accomplished and all of your personal strengths
* Remind yourself that there is a difference between good enough and perfect.
* Accept that everyone, including you, makes mistakes. Most people learn through trial and error.
In the beginning, you may need help defining how realistic your goals are. Talk to people in your life who are supportive of you. You may also want to consider talking to a therapist. While defining realistic goals sounds easy, it is a difficult task, particularly for a person who has a history of setting themselves up for failure.
Struggling? You don't have to be alone. Help is available. To schedule an individual or couples or teen or family therapy sessions are available. To set up an appointment call 215 922 5683 x 100 and speak to a therapist at the Center for Growth /Therapy in Philadelphia, Mechanicsville, Ocean City, Santa Fe or self schedule an inperson or virtual therapy appointment.
OUR GUARANTEE: you deserve the best therapist possible. If you don't feel like the therapist that you met with was the right fit, then free of charge you can try out a different therapist. Being in a group practices allows for flexibility.
The Center for Growth Therapy Offices in PA, NJ, VA, GA, NM, FL
- Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
- Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
- Alpharetta Office
11720 Amber Park Drive, Suite 160, Alpharetta GA 30006
- Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
- Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
- Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
- Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Virginia New Mexico and Pennsylvania