Internet Compulsive Behavior is just that. It is a compulsive use of and / or dependence on the Internet
Signs of an Internet Compulsion:
* More time with online friends than with real friends
* Online friends know sides of you that your real friends do not know
* Attempts to hide amount of time spent online to self and others
* Financial troubles due to quantity of time spent online.
* Financial troubles due to amount of money spent online.
* Preoccupation with the Internet.
* Increase amount of time spent on the Internet
* To feel satisfied, must spend more time online
* Unable to modify or stop behavior.
* Feeling restless, moody or upset when unable to connect online.
* Spending more time online than initially planned
* Finding yourself rationalizing the unexplained time lost online to friends and family.
* Friends, family or professional colleagues becoming upset with the amount of time spent online.
* Lies to friends, family and professional colleagues about the amount of time spent online.
* Escaping online from problems with real people.
It is easy to lie to oneself and others about an Internet Compulsion. I can’t stop because I rely on it for work. I have a responsibility to my online friends. I need the Internet to do online billing, to go shopping, to figure out directions, or movie times. The list is endless.
To speak with a live therapist call at 215-922-5683 Ext. 100 or if you prefer quietly setting yourself up for an appointment, you can self schedule an inperson or virtual therapy appointment. For your convenience we have 5 physical offices and provide virtual therapy services in Florida, Georgia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New Mexico and Virginia.
Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Virginia New Mexico and Pennsylvania
You deserve the best therapist possible. Our special sauce for helping you achieve your goal, begins with matching you with the right therapist. Check out our GUARANTEE.
Therapy Services Offered:
Individual Counseling and therapy
Couples Counseling and marriage counseling
Teen Therapy and Adolescent Therapy and tweens and child counseling
Family Therapy and multi-generational counseling
Art Therapy and Counseling no art skills needed
ADHD Therapyand ADD, Dyslexia, Autism, Tourettes counseling
Anxiety, Panic, OCD Therapy and worry and fear support
Breaking the cycle of Codependency and being your own person
Overcoming Chronic Illness and Chronic Pain
Depression Therapy and sadness, gloom, and upset support
Grief Therapy and loss, End of A Relationship, rejections, pregnancy loss and therapy
Mindfulness Based Therapy and spirituality based therapy
Sex Therapy and sexual function & dysfunction, sex addiction, sexual orientation and gender identity support
Trauma Therapy both emotional and sexual abuse, complex trauma, PTSD counseling
Affairs, Infidelity, Unfaithful, Cheating counseling
Personality disorder treatments