Therapy in Philadelphia: The Deceptive Behaviors of Anorexia - remember these behaviors are not acceptable but they are part of the illness. Separate the illness from how you love the person suffering from Anorexia.
- Saying they ate when you couldn’t see them or weren’t with them
- Exercising when they aren’t supposed to when you aren’t looking
- Going on websites that are pro mia (pro Bulimia) or pro Ana (pro Anorexia) where girls encourage each other and trade tips on how to stay active in the disorder.
- Wearing Layered clothing to hide that they are underweight
- Water loading which means drinking excessive amounts of water when they know they are being weighed so they appear to weigh more than they are. Also, be aware water loading is medically dangerous.
- Saying they haven’t weighed themselves when they have (when you weren’t looking)
- Wearing heavy jewelry or taping change to their underwear, bra, or socks when they are being weighed
- Eating and or drinking more the day that they are being weighed so the appear to weigh more than they actually do
Still struggling? Want more personalize information on the deceptive behaviors of anorexia nervosa? Call a counselor with a speciality in this area. 267-324-9564. Therapy in Philadelphia.
- Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
- Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
- Providence Therapy Office
173 Waterman St. Providence, RI 02906
- Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
- Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
- Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
- Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Virginia.
OUR GUARANTEE: you deserve the best therapist. If you don't feel like the therapist that you met with was the right fit, then free of charge you can try out a different therapist. Being in a group practices allows for flexibility.
The Center for Growth has offices in multiple states. We offer both in person as well as virtual mindfulness therapy appointments.
The Center for Growth Therapy Offices in PA, NJ, VA, RI, NM, CT
Therapy Services Offered in Philadelphia, Ocean City, Mechanicsville, Providence, Santa Fe:
Individual Counseling and therapy
Couples Counseling and marriage counseling
Teen Therapy and Adolescent Therapy and tweens and child counseling
Family Therapy and multi-generational counseling
Art Therapy and Counseling no art skills needed
ADHD Therapy and ADD, Dyslexia, Autism, Tourettes counseling
Anxiety, Panic, OCD Therapy and worry and fear support
Breaking the cycle of Codependency and being your own person
Overcoming Chronic Illness and Chronic Pain .
Depression Therapy and sadness, gloom, and upset support
- Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) Therapy is a particular style of therapy designed for people with problems affecting their nervous system, how the brain and body send and receive signals.
- LGBTQIA+ / Queer Community Therapy Services
Grief Therapy and loss, End of A Relationship, rejections, pregnancy and loss and therapy
Mindfulness Based Therapy and spirituality based therapy
- Narcissistic Abuse Recovery child of, parent of, spouse of, sibling of a narcissist.
Sex Therapy and sexual function & dysfunction, sex addiction, sexual orientation and gender identity support
Trauma Therapy both emotional and sexual abuse, complex trauma, PTSD counseling
Affairs, Infidelity, Unfaithful, Cheating counseling
Parenting therapy Parenting therapy
Personality disorder therapy Personality disorder treatments
Anger Management Therapy anger therapy