Gambling compulsion recovery tips Philly, Richmond, Ocean City, Santa Fe
- Acknowledge to yourself that you have a problem.
- Tell someone that you have a problem. Ideally this would be a friend or family member. If you believe that no one would understand or be able to help you, tell a trained therapist. Telling someone else not only breaks the isolation, but it increases the degree to which you are accountable to someone else.
- Avoid places where you are likely to gamble. If your issue is the Internet, stop using the Internet. If you have a problem with casinos, do not go, or go near a casino.
- Nurture your soul. Become involved in activities that will make you feel better. For example, cook wholesome meals and then eat them in moderation. Take a stroll or go jogging until you feel tired, but not past the point of exhaustion.
- Continue asking for help from others. Recovery is easier when you have a strong support network.
- Take one day at a time.
- Ask a family member to be in control of all of your assets. And if you are not comfortable with that, then give a family member the security passes to observe your handling of money. Sometimes ending the secrecy – by making yourself accountable to someone, helps you made better choices for yourself.
- Destroy all of your credit cards.
- Remember, while you suffer from an addiction, every day you have a choice as to what you will do with it.
- Make an appointment with a therapist trained in treating gambling compulsions. Not all therapists are qualified in this area of specialization.
- Attend a gambling actions meeting. Developing a support network can be a vital part of your recovery process. You do not have to do this alone.
- Lastly, set realistic expectations. Change takes time. You did not become a gambling addict overnight, nor will you likely become cured overnight.
Gambling compulsion recovery tips Philly, Santa Fe, Ocean City, Mechanicsville may not be enough for you. If so, and you are living in PA, NJ, NM, VA, GA, FL, call today and speak with a counselor. You do not have to be alone. Help is available.
To speak with a live therapist call at 215-922-5683 Ext. 100 or if you prefer quietly setting yourself up for an appointment, you can self schedule an inperson or virtual therapy appointment. Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Virginia New Mexico and Pennsylvania
You deserve the best therapist possible. Our special sauce for helping you achieve your goal, begins with matching you with the right therapist. Check out our GUARANTEE.
Therapy Services Offered:
Individual Counseling and therapy
Couples Counseling and marriage counseling
Teen Therapy and Adolescent Therapy and tweens and child counseling
Family Therapy and multi-generational counseling
Art Therapy and Counseling no art skills needed
ADHD Therapyand ADD, Dyslexia, Autism, Tourettes counseling
Anxiety, Panic, OCD Therapy and worry and fear support
Breaking the cycle of Codependency and being your own person
Overcoming Chronic Illness and Chronic Pain
Depression Therapy and sadness, gloom, and upset support
Grief Therapy and loss, End of A Relationship, rejections, pregnancy loss and therapy
Mindfulness Based Therapy and spirituality based therapy
Sex Therapy and sexual function & dysfunction, sex addiction, sexual orientation and gender identity support
Trauma Therapy both emotional and sexual abuse, complex trauma, PTSD counseling
Affairs, Infidelity, Unfaithful, Cheating counseling
Personality disorder treatments