Quiz: Do I Have A Sexual Compulsion?
These questions prompt you to question your sexual behavior habits. If you answer "yes" to a majority of them, consider seeking sexual compulsive healing counseling with a sex therapist. Or join our sex addiction group
- Do you flirt with people on a regular basis?
- Is your sex drive higher than your partner’s?
- When you feel stressed out, does having sex relax you?
- Do you pressure your partner for more sex then she/he/they wants? Does your partner have sex just to please you?
- Do you have sex more frequently with your partner than you want to?
- During sex do you feel “high”?
- Do you feel irritable, anxious, sad, angry or annoyed when you are unable to engage in the desired sexual behavior?
- Are you unsatisfied with your partner in bed? Even after good sex with your partner, do you feel unsatisfied or unloved?
- Has anyone ever told you that your sexual behavior is “too much” or “out of control”?
- Do you prioritize sex at the expense of getting your work done, or getting enough sleep?
- Over the years, does it take more sex play and variety to arouse you?
- Have your sexual relations ever left you feeling sad, hopeless or suicidal?
- Does each new relationship end in the same way? Are you repeating patterns?
- Do your sexual desires / needs place you at odds with your religious beliefs / morals?
- Do you have sex with more people than you want to? Or do you remember the first and last names of all the people you have had sex with?
- Do you spend a lot of time fantasizing about sex? Are your sexual fantasies better than the real sex? Do your sexual fantasies get in the way of your relationships?
- Are you preoccupied with sex, or constantly craving it? Does your world revolve around sex?
- Do you spend a lot of energy flirting with people, cruising online or chatting online? How much time in a week do you spend looking for sex?
- Do you look at media for sexual arousal? Do you rent or own X-rated videos?
- Do you spend more than three minutes a day on a computer engaging in sex-related activities?
- Do you use your work computer for sex-related activities? What would happen if you got caught?
- Do you masturbate at work?
- Do you call sex chat lines?
- Do you engage in phone sex?
- Do you go to X-rated stores frequently (adult book stores, sex toy shops, sex clubs, etc.)?
- Do you neglect obligations at home, school or work for sex-related activities?
- Do you engage in sexual relationships despite potential risks to your health? Are you at risk for a sexually transmitted infection, pregnancy or violence?
- Do your sexual needs make you have sex in places or with people that you otherwise would not wish for yourself?
- Do you want to distance yourself from your sex partner after sex? Do you feel guilt, shame or remorse?
- Do you engage in sexual activities that upset your partner, or would if he/she knew about them?
- Do you feel shame about your body – or fear touching yourself? Do you wonder if you are asexual?
- Do you keep sexual secrets from friends and family? Do you lead a double life?
- Have you ever been or at risk for being arrested for your sexual behavior?
- Are you sexually turned on by illegal behaviors?
- Do you fantasize about having sex with children? Or do you have sex with children?
- Do you have sex with others against their will?
If you are reading this quiz because you think you might have a sexual compulsion, then you probably do, or at least have a tendency toward a sexual compulsion. You do not have to struggle through this compulsion on your own. You can self schedule an online or inperson therapy appointment. Additionally you can call 215 922 5683 x 100 and speak with a sex therapist.
The Center for Growth Therapy Offices in PA, NJ, VA, GA, NM, FL
- Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
- Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
- Alpharetta Office
11720 Amber Park Drive, Suite 160, Alpharetta GA 30006
- Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
- Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
- Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
- Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Virginia New Mexico and Pennsylvania