Center for Growth / Bulimia Nervosa Treatment in Philadelphia
A doctors visit for bulimia nervosa typically includes:
* A complete blood count and a study of Electrolytes
* A Electrocardiogram
* Thyroid studies
* Urine specific gravity
* Checking termperature, weight and height
* Looking for evidence of dehydration
* Inquring about gastrointestinal difficulties (constipation, indigestion)
* Checking heart rate, blood pressure, pulse
* Looking for evidence of changes in skin and hair
* Make sure Testosterone level is checked because there are new studies revealing a link between elevated testosterone and Bulimia nervosa
Please note, this list is not all inclusive, nor does a doctor have to do all of the following tests. This list is merely a general idea of what a doctors visit for bulimia nervosa typically includes. For more specific questions, we strongly encourage you to speak directly with your doctor. Do not be afraid to ask questions. Ask the doctor how they will be evaluating you, and what tests they will be doing.
If you are seeking emotional support throughout this process, help is available at the Center for Growth / Therapy in Philadelphia. Call 267-324-9564.