Therapy in Philadelphia - 10 Tips for adults with ADHD: ADHD Therapy in Philadelphia, PA, Mechanicsville VA, Ocean City NJ, Santa Fe NM
1) Consider an organizational specialist who can come to your home.
2) Consider seeing a psychiatrist, psychopharmocologist, or neurologists who specialize in ADHD and can help evaluate you for medication.
3) Consider joining a support group for other people with ADHD
4) Consider individual counseling to help cope with the stress of this disorder.
5) Consider couples counseling so that your partner can understand how they can be helpful.
6) Be firm with yourself behaviorally, but don’t beat yourself up emotionally.
7) Read literature about ADHD.
8) Reduce clutter in your home. Throw things out that are not essential or sentimental. It may help to ask a friend to assist you with this.
9) If you have the financial means hire a housekeeper.
10) Exercise to reduce stress
11) Remember the strengths that are common in people with ADHD (creativity, sensitivity, good sense of humor, good intuitive skills, intelligence,)
Let us know which tips were useful - or if you have any ADHD tips of your own that you would like to share. We are always working on finding new information to share with clients.
To schedule an appointment with an ADHD therapist call 215 - 922 - 5683 x 100. We have 2 physical offices in Philadelphia, PA, Art Museum Office and Society Hill Office, and Ocean City Office Ocean City NJ, Mechanicsville Office Mechanicsville VA and Santa Fe Office in Santa Fe NM. We also offer virtual sessions in PA and virtual therapy in NJ, virtual therapy in VA and virtual therapy in NM, and virtual therapy in GA and virtual therapy in Fl.
- Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
- Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
- Alpharetta Office
11720 Amber Park Drive, Suite 160, Alpharetta GA 30006
- Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
- Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
- Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
- Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Virginia New Mexico and Pennsylvania