< Back to Therapist Profile
Charlotte Cowles (Intern Therapist) Resume
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
Counseling@Northwestern, Master of Arts in Counseling, Expected Graduation March 2023 August 2020-Present • GPA: 4.0/4.0
• Track: Child & Adolescent; Bridge Traditional 9-Quarter
• Emerging Scholar: Selected to assist faculty with research and development of Intro to Psychometrics workshop, presenting an Ethics in Supervision workshop, and writing a journal article primer on the Proctor Model of Clinical Supervision.
Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
College of Arts and Science, BA, Class of 2017 August 2013-May 2017 • Major: Political Science; Minors: Corporate Strategy; Communications Studies
• GPA: 3.4/4.0; Major GPA: 3.8/4.0
• Dean’s List: Fall 2015 & 2016, Spring 2016 & 2017
• Kappa Alpha Theta, Alpha Eta Chapter member, Chief Panhellenic Officer & member of the Executive Board o Determined rules and regulations for the Greek community and ensured compliance with National Panhellenic Bylaws.
o Worked with delegates from other chapters to manage campus and faculty relations for the Greek community and addressed member gender diversity and other topical issues.
• One of 9 students in graduating class to be accepted into Pi Sigma Alpha Political Science Honor Society. WORK EXPERIENCE
The Venn Media, Washington, D.C.
Co-CEO June 2019-December 2020 • Created, researched, and wrote nonpartisan political issue content for the blog and weekly newsletter and podcast, which I co-hosted.
• Created marketing, social media, and advertising plans.
• Developed and executed strategies to increase subscriber count (grew from 400 to over 5,000) and open rate, including analyzing subscriber demographic data.
• Created & managed Facebook group to provide sense of community during COVID-19 pandemic. Office of U.S. Representative Liz Cheney (WY), Washington, D.C.
Legislative Assistant July 2018- June 2019 • Led research and position formulation on most of the domestic policy portfolio: health care, education, financial services, tax, welfare, immigration, labor, judiciary, transportation, telecommunications, housing, technology, science, and social issues.
• Met with national and local advocacy groups and tracked national and state policies regarding issues important to Wyoming.
• Worked with constituents regarding federal issues and determined and acted upon the most effective solutions, including calling federal agencies, writing letters, or introducing/cosponsoring bills.
• Worked as Rep. Cheney’s Rules Committee Associate, including preparing materials and remarks for Committee hearings and speeches and debates on the House floor. Managed debates on House floor for Republicans. Legislative Correspondent August 2017- June 2018 • Managed incoming and outgoing correspondence to constituents, organizations, and government agencies. • Communicated with constituents to ensure their questions were answered and voices heard. • Created and executed an initiative for staff members and Rep. Cheney to make personal constituent calls. • Established intern training program and managed interns.
Staff Assistant May-July 2017 • Oversaw daily office operations, coordinated constituent tours of sites in D.C., and gave U.S. Capitol tours. OTHER SKILLS & INTERESTS
• Elected as the Vice President of Events of the Wyoming State Society. Planned and executed D.C.-wide events. Secured and reviewed contracts with vendors and managed budget and logistics.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, & Adobe Illustrator. • Dual United States and United Kingdom citizenship; extensive international travel experience. • PADI Open Water dive certified; expert level alpine skiing; golf; competitive tennis.