- Nostalgia while being at home and wondering why you left
- Having to explain your life choices to people from your past who do not understand
- Regret over losing touch with others
- Constant comparisons between old and new friends
- Questioning your upbringing and everything you used to know as normal
- Do you feel guilty for spending too much money on gifts for yourself or others?
- Are you worried about what you have to look forward to next?
- The traditions your family has to celebrate the holidays
- Do you discuss this history of your celebration rituals?
- Types of food from your nationality
- Spiritual or religious upbringing
- What activities do you do together?
- People from your past
- Important teachers or role models outside of your family
- Friends from each stage of your life
- Did you reconnect with anyone important?
- Or feel disconnected from someone and miss being with them over the holidays?
- Have you lost someone close to you?
- Confrontation with struggling relationships
- Memories that stand out to you
- Important locations you visit or just holds special meaning for you while at home
- Pictures or songs that bring you back to your old self
- New people you have met
- Your current hobbies
- Coping skills to deal with stress
- Places you frequently go
- Support systems
- Significant relationships
- Parts of yourself that were fostered by the changes you’ve made
- Goal you have for your future
- Characteristics about yourself that you have shown both past and present
- Values you hold
- Supportive people
- Decisions you made to move you from one world to the other
- Taking a new job
- Moving to a new city
- Breaking up with a significant other
- Opening yourself up to a new relationship
- Getting involved in more social events
- Coping skills to deal with the discomfort of change
This struggle may impact you so much that it prevents you from cultivating a more enriching future. If this resonates with you or the holiday crash seems to last longer than a normal lull, and you are struggling and want help, you can self schedule an inperson or a virtual therapy appointment at The Center for Growth Therapy Offices in PA, NJ, VA, GA, NM, FL or call 215 922 5683 x 100
- Ocean City Therapy Office
360 West Ave, Floor 1, Ocean City, NJ 08226
- Mechanicsville Therapy Office
9044 Mann Drive, Mechanicsville Virginia, 23116
- Alpharetta Office
11720 Amber Park Drive, Suite 160, Alpharetta GA 30006
- Society Hill Therapy Office
233 S. 6th Street, C-33, Philadelphia PA 19106
- Art Museum / Fairmount Therapy Office
2401 Pennsylvania Ave, Suite 1a2, Philadelphia PA 19130
- Santa Fe Therapy Office, 2204 B Brothers Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87505
- Telemedicine: We have therapists who are licensed to work in Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Virginia New Mexico and Pennsylvania