< Back to Therapist Profile
Nicole Jenkins (Intern Therapist) Resume
The Center For Growth
Compassionate and ethical professional with experience in behavioral health and education. Skills and abilities are conducive to an independent or team member position.
Mental Health Counseling Intern
CENTER FOR GROWTH – Philadelphia, PA. November 2020 to Present
- Working with clients through telemental health
- Providing individual, couples and group therapy
ROSE TREE MEDIA SCHOOL DISTRICT March 2020 to Present
- Working with students in classroom to assist with learning
Substitute Teacher /Paraprofessional
KELLY EDUCATIONAL STAFFING - King of Prussia, PA September 2018 to Present
• Contracted to provide substitute teaching coverage for public school classrooms • Contracted to provide assistance to teachers in the role of substitute paraprofessional.
Personal Care Assistant/1 on 1 Classroom Assistant
KENSINGTON MANAGEMENT SERVICES - Philadelphia, PA August 2014 to Present
• Contract to provide behavioral and developmental assistance for preschool and Kindergarten students in the Philadelphia area and surrounding Pennsylvania counties. • Implement goals and objectives as outlined in student's IEP for the current school year. • Provide 1 on 1 assistance to student in morning and afternoon classroom setting based on behavioral and cognitive needs.
• Advocate for children's basic needs. • Work within a large, interdisciplinary treatment team of professionals. • Maintain computer log of student daily progress.
MERCY PHILADELPHIA HOSPITAL - Philadelphia, PA September 2011 to Present
• Provide choral music for scheduled hospital events during the course of the year. • Provide music and choral instruction to choir members comprised of hospital employees.
Church Musician/Choir Director
THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH IN PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia, PA December 2006 to Present
• Provide music and direction for choir comprised of adolescents, young adult, and adult members. • Provide music for church service and special events.
Therapeutic Support Staff
SILVER SPRINGS - Philadelphia, PA September 2016 to June 2018
• Contract to provide behavioral and developmental assistance for Elementary and Middle School students in the Philadelphia area and surrounding Pennsylvania counties. • Implement goals and objectives as outlined in student's IEP for the current school year. • Provide 1 on 1 assistance to student in morning and afternoon classroom setting based on behavioral and cognitive needs.
• Advocate for children's basic needs. • Work within a large, interdisciplinary treatment team of professionals. • Logging daily computer reports of student's activities.
Summer Tennis Instructor
LEGACY YOUTH TENNIS AND EDUCATION - Philadelphia, PA June 2007 to 2016
• Provide tennis instruction to urban children ranging in age from 6 to 14. • Implement the goals and objectives for the summer tennis program as outlined. • Provide competitive and life skills opportunities for children.
TED DIRENZO MONTESSORI SCHOOL - Collingdale, PA August 2012 to August 2014
• Oversaw Functioning of administrative office. • Interacted with teachers, parents, and students. • Created documents and correspondences for distribution to teachers and parents. • Utilized Microsoft Office to create documents and forms.
Connections Academy Cyber Charter School August 2006 to June 2012
• Provide instruction for English, Math, Science, and History • Implemented curriculum for Connections Academy Cyber Charter School
Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Walden University - Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Arts in General Science
Rutgers University - Camden, NJ
• Communication • Implementation of IEP • Record Keeping • Behavior Modification • Client Advocacy • Microsoft Office Applications • Autism Experience • Behavioral Health • Classroom Management • Developmental Disabilities Experience • Experience Working With Students • Individual / Group Counseling • Tutoring • Special Education • Typing
Special Education — Highly Proficient